Re: Highlight individual project fundraisings

On Sat, Sep 30, 2017 at 05:07:43PM +0900, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
Regarding competition of fundraising for the *development* of
individual projects - I don't think competition with foundation
fundraising is an issue; as there is no conflict of interest.

When people sponsor the foundation, they expect to be paying for
infrastructure, operational overhead, occasional legal advice,
conference and hackfest budget, etc.

OK, indeed there is no conflict of interest. But, currently, I think
that people who donate to the GNOME Foundation are not always aware that
the money isn't primarily used for development (at least that was the
case for me when I was just a simple user years ago).

So by listing other fundraisings on the GNOME website, this would maybe
have the effect that the GNOME Foundation receives less donations.

--
Sébastien