Re: Introducing Christoph Simon

Welcome! :)

-Bastian

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 10:49 , Christoph Simon <post christoph-simon eu> wrote:
Hi there! I've just received my foundation membership and like to introduce myself. My name is Christoph Simon and I live in Karlsruhe, Germany, where GUADEC 2016 took place. GUADEC 2016 is also my main contribution so far, I did the visa invitation letters and I helped organizing and running it. Now I got involved with the travel committee and I am working on a web app for applying for and granting of travel sponsorships. I'm 33 years of age and I'm a electrical engineer, working at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology on a PHD thesis (KIT is the university in Karlsruhe where the venue was). My field is power electronics and specifically I'm working at the Light Technology Institute on an EU project to build a water disinfection system with UV radiation; my part is the power supply to a newly developed UV-Lamp. Computers and Programming are hobbies to me, I do know mainly Python and C, and some microcontroller and FPGA programming because I use those to control my power supply. I also know GTK, I've already used it for several (non public) apps. Thanks for having me in your community, I'm looking forward to improving GNOME with you, Christoph Simon
_______________________________________________ foundation-list mailing list foundation-list gnome org https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-list