Re: Budgets and spending Foundation money

Hia,

On Wed, 2017-12-06 at 12:22 +0100, Benjamin Berg wrote:
How much spending are you expecting to be done through the travel
policy for the next financial year and in which items in the budget
is this represented?

We have $40,000 budgetted for the travel committee, and that is in the
Events line. The other additional one in there is $3k for "GNOME
events" which covers things like release party reimburements, or other
small events which are run.

Note, this 40k doesn't cover GUADEC travel as I understand it, that
falls under the GUADEC budget line.

PS: Other than that, I noticed:
 * Limit for flights is >$1,650 in the summary but >$1800 in the text

I believe that this is as it's for 1650 for the flight portion, and
1800 total. The actual change that got introduced at conservancy is:
https://k.sfconservancy.org/policies/changeset/9569a5bbae38cffa181caa9d
f9cd91fcd3169e8e

 * Text says "Conservancy" (instead of Foundation?) in one place

Nice catch, thanks!

As a bit of background, we're basically copying Conservancy's travel
policy here. They've done the research on what's legal for a 501(c)(3)
to do, and have sensible limits in place. It saves us rolling our own
as well.

Thanks,
Neil
--
Neil McGovern
Executive Director, The GNOME Foundation