Minutes of the Board meeting of April 18th 2017

= Foundation Board Minutes for Tue, April 18th 2017, 17:00 UTC =

Next meeting date Tue, April 25th 2017, 17:00 UTC

Wiki: https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20170418

== Attending ==

 * Cosimo Cecchi
 * Nuritzi Sanchez
 * Allan Day
 * Shaun McCance
 * Alexandre Franke
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Meg Ford
 * Jim Hall
 * Neil McGovern

== Regrets ==

== Missing ==

== Agenda for 2017-04-18 ==

 * SysAdmin budget/investmet for next year
 * Sponsorship emails like "Information Required"
 * WHS donations report
 * Bitcoin update
 * Review ongoing items

== Minutes ==

 * SysAdmin budget/investmet for next year
  * Draft budget page -
   * Budget will be finalized after GUADEC
  * The Board will add more items to the wiki page, and we'll discuss at GUADEC

 * Sponsorship emails like "Information Required"
  * We seem to be receiving a few of these requests that look generic/spammy
   * We have received a lot of them in the past
  * Neil has been replying to them recently
  * ACTION: Neil to put together a template for this and share with
the Board + a webpage that we can point to

 * WHS donations report
  * WHS would like a GPG key to address the whole board, but without
that, they would only send an encrypted mail to Alexandre
  * Could we avoid using GPG for our communication with them?
  * Neil looked into this in the past, and it's very difficult to
securely share a GPG key for a group
  * One issue is that elected individuals change every year, so it
would not be very practical to do so for us
  * ACTION: Neil will follow up with WHS and create a "ED handover"
page to document this process

 * Bitcoin update
  * One option is to list the payment processor organization as the donor
   * That seems to be the simplest way, otherwise we'd need to provide
the donor with a receipt which may not be possible in every case
  * General feeling that everyone's OK to proceed accepting donations,
and now we're down to the details of how to best represent it in our
  * Neil and Rosanna will sync and prepare a recommendation for how to
handle these donations

== Ongoing ==

'''This section includes items which have seen an update in the last
30 days. Format is "YYYY-MM-DD, action|discussion|abstract" for this
and subsequent minutes sections'''

 * Sponsorship emails like "Information Required"
  * 2017-04-18
   * Neil has been replying to them recently
   * ACTION: Neil to put together a template for this and share with
the Board + a webpage that we can point to

 * GUADEC 2018 Call for Bids
  * 2017-04-04
   * ACTION: Nuritzi to send out something on social media and a news
item on the main GNOME website
 * 2017-04-18
   * Social media post and news item still need to be done
   * ACTION: Nuritzi to create an etherpad page for the Board to
collect feedback about the bids

 * WHS donations report
  * 2017-04-18
   * ACTION: Neil will follow up with WHS about using his GPG key for
communication for the time being and create a "ED handover" page to
document this process for the future

 * Hackfest process documentation
  * 2017-02-14
   * ACTION: Nuritzi to take a stab at updating the documentation for
the process to request a hackfest and responsibilities between Board
and TC

 * Chrome Store account for managing GNOME Shell integration browser extension
  * 2016-12-20
   * ACTION: Shaun to find out more about what's involved in creating an account
  * 2017-03-07
   * For the Play Store, we had decided that the contributor should be
empowered to publish their app there, as long as they're members of
the Foundation
    * And as long as the credentials/keys are shared with the Board
   * We should document this process in a wiki page
   * The Engagement team could faciliatate Foundation members being
able to publish on these stores
   * ACTION: Neil will look into this
  * 2017-04-18 - Some progress on this, but not sure exactly what has
happened (aka: someone seems to have registered an account) Neil to
follow up more.

 * Dropping dates in copyright claims on our websites
  * 2016-12-06
   * ACTION: Alexandre to send an email to foundation-list with a
proposal for discussion
  * 2016-12-20
   * Next step seems to be to reach out to Creative Commons to get
advice on what exactly can and should be done
  * 2017-01-24
   * Alexandre reached out to Creative commons
  * 2017-02-28
   * Alexandre will try alternative channels

 * Google Play account
  * 2016-09-27
   * https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=771981 was done, we
need to pay a $25 one-time fee for the developer account
  * 2016-10-04
   * Payment is authorized
   * ACTION: Rosanna to make the payment and follow up with Ankit
  * 2016-10-18
   * Rosanna is waiting for Ankit to reply about the gmail account
  * 2016-11-01
   * Board is discussing who should have access to the credit card
associated to the account
  * 2016-11-29
   * ACTION: Rosanna to look into getting a PayPal credit card
  * 2016-12-20
   * Rosanna has been collating materials to update the PayPal account
owner before looking into the credit card
  * 2017-04-18
   * ACTION: Neil to follow up with Ankit, as there seems to have been
some movement here

 * Privacy campaign funds
  * 2016-09-27
   * Draft is out for the Board to review and give feedback
   * ACTION: Cosimo to try and form a committee to review internship proposals
  * 2016-10-26
   * We are aiming for an internship round in spring 2017

=== Ongoing but stalled ===

'''This section includes items which haven't seen an update in the
last 30 days.'''

 * Owncloud shared calendar for the board
  * 2016-08-10
   * Cosimo tested creating an event, but with mixed results
   * ACTION: Cosimo to take it on from here
  * 2016-09-06 - Allan has started a list of reoccuring events on the
wiki - https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoardPrivate/Minutes/UpcomingAgenda
  * 2017-03-07
   * Neil is looking into a similar calendar so will take over

 * Money raised for defense against Groupon
  * Kat to draft a call for Free Desktop-style hackfests which would
be sponsored with money raised for defence against Groupon
  * 2016-09-06
   * We probably don't want to track exactly this money flow, but the
initiatives that the Board has been pursuing (Flatpak, LAS GNOME) are
good fits for the original intent this money was kept for
   * We can consider making a PR or some other form of announcement
about how we're currently making use of this money
  * 2017-03-07
   * General feeling here is that Flatpak fits the bill of the kind of
technology/event that taps into the wider community
   * Another idea may be to use the resources not for an event but for
   * ACTION: let's understand the financial picture in the budget meeting on 3/7

 * Paypal Giving Fund
  * Alexandre suggested in december 2015 to get us enrolled in the program
   * That would give us exposure. For example Humble bundle allows to
direct the charity part of purchases towards any of their participants
  * Zana tried to get us in sometime before may 2016, we never heard back.
  * 2016-09-06
   * ACTION: Zana to look into it

 * Google ad grant
  * 2016-08-10
   * ACTION: Shaun will pick this up again and try to register us into
the program when he's back in the US
   * The actual ad campaigns would probably need to be managed by the
Engagement/Marketing team
   * ACTION: Nuritzi to discuss with the Engagement Team and let the
board know if they want to start using Google ad

 * Sysadmin fundraising levels and perks
  * 2016-08-10, ACTION: Nuritzi to take on this project and figure out
what it entails

 * Web page for prior pants winners
  * 2016-08-10, ACTION: Shaun and Allan to add the web page
  * 2017-03-07
   * Only missing the winner for one year, 2005
   * We can crowdsource the details and refinement of the bios/photos/etc

 * Friends of GNOME
  * 2016-08-10
   * ACTION: Allan to get in touch with Tobi and the sysadmin team to
migrate the FoG infrastructure over to GNOME
  * 2017-03-07
   * Allan will pass this on to Neil, and connect him to Tobi
   * 2017-04-18 - Neil has CRM working (ish) on the gnome website,
we're looking at how to move the PayPal IPN to CiviCRM

=== Ongoing but no director assigned ===

'''This section includes items which haven't seen an update in the
last 30 days and have no Director assigned'''

== Nice to have ==

'''This section includes items which we would love to see happen at
some point but lack the time to effectively become reality'''

 * Contract template for future use organizations for which we handle money
  * Kat to draft this

 * Privacy policy for GNOME services
  * Current draft is at https://wiki.gnome.org/Foundation/Privacy
  * Sysadmin Team's NDA should also be covered when dealing with this item
  * Kat or Allan to write up the policy
  * Kat or Allan to write up recommended wording for distribution
privacy policies, regarding the behaviour of GNOME software

 * Photography policy for GNOME conferences
  * Proposal needs to be drafted and sent to foundation list for discussion
  * Should probably be addressed at the same time as a standardised
code of conduct

== Discussed on the mailing list ==

== Completed actions ==

 * Test Recipe app contribution event
  * A new contributor wants to organize an event around adding content
for Recipes, and would like a bit of funding
  * 2017-04-11
   * The Board is generally happy about the initiative, but there
should be an event description and budget request to go forward
   * ACTION: Nuritzi to follow up

 * GNOME Social
  * Board is OK for Christian to go ahead with this initiative
  * 2017-04-11
   * ACTION: Alexandre to draft a reply to Christian with our blessing
to go ahead

 * Warranty renewals for GNOME servers
  * 2017-04-04
   * We should have some input from the sysadmin team that we factor
into our budget projections,  and the overall plan
   * ACTION: Neil to talk to the sysadmin team about this
  * 2017-04-18 - Deferring until we have budget process in place (Neil)

 * Should we move our private documents from the resources page to ownCloud?
  * 2017-04-04
   * Board thinks this is a good idea
   * ACTION: Allan to move forward with this
  * 2017-04-18 - not done, but not too urgent either. It'll happen one day. :)

 * libertyVPS server donation
  * 2016-12-20
   * ACTION: Meg to check with sysadmins whether we actually need a server
  * 2017-01-10
   * Meg sent an email and is waiting to hear back from the sysadmin team.
  * 2017-02-28
   * Meg to follow up with LibertyVPS pointing them to previous social
media posts about donors and ask them what they'd like. Meg to follow
up with engagement team about LibertyVPS social media perks.
  * 2017-03-07
   * LibertyVPS want to also donate some money to the project
   * ACTION: Neil to connect to them 1:1 to talk about contribution
  * 2017-04-18 - They've gone silent, close (Neil)

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]