Re: Question to GNOME Foundation Board candidates

  > > So let's turn those attacks around!  Let's remind people that the
  > > distros' package systems are right way to distribute applications and
  > > GNOME works with those package systems.

  > Except the normal user gives shit about packaging systems.

Our mission includes teaching users that freedom is important, so that
they understand how GNOME is superior inherently to proprietary
desktops.

If we accept the misguided "normal" ways of judging, trained on
proprietary software and disregarding its intrinsic faults, we also
put ourselves at a disadvantage: we have to compete on a field shaped
by the adversary.  In effect, we would be competing with one hand tied
behind our back.

Instead of that, we must do our best to shape the field to favor
our intrinsic advantage, respect for users' freedom -- what our
proprietary adversaries refuse to try to do.

--
Dr Richard Stallman