Re: Question to GNOME Foundation Board candidates

Hi Max,

Thanks for your questions!

On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 5:41 PM, Max <sakanamax gmail com> wrote:
1)  How many hours per week do you expect you will be able to dedicate to working on the board on a regular basis?

I've dedicated between 5-10 hours per week to board work in the past year, and would expect a similar workload this year.

2)  What's your plan and view with GNOME in Asia? How do you think about grow GNOME in Asia? How to co-work with others?

I think there's a lot of potential to expand and grow the GNOME community across the Asia region, and the initiatives organized by local communities in the past couple of years go in the right direction. Promoting and providing financial support for events and initiatives organized by the community is a great use of the board's time and resources, and I will keep working towards these goals should I be elected again.

Another way the board can help is by connecting local companies with the larger international community through facilitating e.g. sponsorship programs or workshops.

3)  About GNOME Executive Director, how do you think about GNOME ED? And what will you do if we still search GNOME ED? ( I am not mean for help to search GNOME ED, cause we already have GNOME ED committee :)  )

I think finding an ED should still be one of the top priorities of the new board; it's unfortunate that the previous attempt did not go well. In the meantime, board members have been stepping up to fill some of the duties like liaising with the advisory board and participating in fundraising, and I expect the new board to keep going in that direction until another candidate is found. Something else that I would also consider is changing the job description/title if the search does not appear to be fruitful.

Let me know if you have other questions!

Cheers,
Cosimo