Re: Builder crowdsourcing banner on PGO

On Thu, Jan 1, 2015 at 5:29 AM, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 1, 2015 at 4:04 AM, Igor Gnatenko <ignatenko gnome org> wrote:

What nonfree software is needed? I think I don't have nonfree software, but
I donated without problems.

He doesn't like obfuscated JavaScript:
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/javascript-trap.html

Let's not let that hold us back from supporting a very important free
software project....

Completely agree.  Especially considering that RMS has not provided
any reasonable alternatives other than to find them.  Short of
shunting them directly into a specialized foundation bank account and
creating extra work for Zana and Kat that is already a full time job I
don't see any other immediate method.  We also risk muddying the
waters with alternatives and no longer creating an effective campaign.
I think in the end, Free Software loses more than it gains and we
create more stress for everyone to boot.  It's not worth the human
cost.

Please feel free to add the banner if there is a general consensus
from Foundation members that this is the right thing to do.

sri