Re: [OT] Re: You logo

  > > Note that I'm not the only person who has posted messages saying "Gnome".

  > Yeah, but you are the only person on this list constantly requesting to
  > please put a "GNU/" prefix in front of the word "Linux"

If you are serious about teaching people to write "GNOME" as all caps,
to support the GNOME Foundation PR efforts, what else I said is beside
the point.

When you want to teach people to follow a convention, you need to
repeat it from time to time.  A computer never forgets instructions,
but human beings need reminders.  I had forgotten this convention;
that's why I didn't follow it.  Surely others have forgotten it,
or had never heard about it.

If you start politely reminding people to write "GNOME", when they
don't, you'll teach the community to do it.  These reminders are
necessary, just like reminding people once in a while to write
"GNU/Linux" (and why).

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation