Re: [OT] Re: You logo

On Fri, 2015-04-03 at 16:57 +0200, Bastien Nocera wrote:
I've had a rather short discussion with the list moderators, and, when
I mentioned that we should filter out mails containing clippy-style "I
think you mean GNU/Linux", I was told:
I'm strongly against censoring people's mails.

Uhm. If the word "censoring" was really used, the person should give
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship a read because asking people to
stick to the topic has nothing to do with censorship.

This mailing list has a scope what it's meant to be used for.
"discussion relating to the GNOME Foundation as an organization [...]
You can post questions/queries about it's administration, activities,
events/conferences that concern it (that is, where GNOME is involved or
being promoted) and related matters."

"related matters" to me does not cover repetitive "You missed the GNU/
prefix in front of the word Linux no matter what the original topic of
your posting was" postings.

To make this clear: It's right and good if we discuss e.g. conference
materials and point out that the terms FLOSS or FOSS are way more
correct to use than OSS on such materials in order to not exclude
allies / contributors / members of (sub)communities etc.
But I'm getting pretty bored and annoyed by erosion of actual thread
topics by preaching to the choir on word choices as nearly everybody on
this mailing list is already in the choir.

I would argue that one's freedom stops where other people's start. I
shouldn't have to put with this type of trolling on GNOME lists.

So I'm leaving this list.

That is disappointing to hear, but given the above answer I'm also going
to unsubscribe from this list to improve the signal/noise ratio of my
inbox if there is really no interest in making sure that this list is
used for discussing topics that are covered by the list's scope.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/