Re: [OT] Re: You logo

On Fri, 2015-04-03 at 16:50 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Fri, 2015-04-03 at 07:03 -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
  > You're consistently calling out people on their imprecision
when using
  > Linux instead of GNU/Linux, yet you seem to often spell GNOME
in an
  > incorrect manner. GNOME is our trademark and it's spelled in
caps. I
  > know you usually pay attention to details, so I'd appreciate
if you
  > could pay attention to this one as well.

Thank you.  I will try to remember.

Note that I'm not the only person who has posted messages saying
"Gnome".

Yeah, but you are the only person on this list constantly requesting
please put a "GNU/" prefix in front of the word "Linux" no matter
what
the actual topic of the corresponding thread is, creating
uninteresting
noise for basically everybody on this mailing list who know already
anyway except for the original poster and maybe two more folks.
"Unfortunately" your on-topic postings can be quite interesting and
insightful, so I don't want to ignore just all of your emails.

But as you expect others to be highly interested in spelling details
(you are very free to disagree on my choice of words here), you
might be
expected to put in the same amount of efforts.

I've had a rather short discussion with the list moderators, and, when
I mentioned that we should filter out mails containing clippy-style "I
think you mean GNU/Linux", I was told:
I'm strongly against censoring people's mails.
I would argue that one's freedom stops where other people's start. I
shouldn't have to put with this type of trolling on GNOME lists.

So I'm leaving this list.

Cheers