Re: OPW; Where does the 500$ for each GSoC goes?

On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 7:50 PM, Sébastien Wilmet <swilmet gnome org> wrote:
On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 12:11:12PM -0400, Jeff Fortin wrote:
> Moreover, if there is a need for a veteran developer to work on a
> particular module/project, there is also the possibility of doing a
> public fundraiser to get the exact amount of funds required (or more).
> The accessibility, privacy or Pitivi campaigns come to my mind as such
> examples.

With ~30 GSoC GNOME students, the GNOME Foundation receives ~15.000$.
And that every year. It is up to the GNOME Foundation to use this money
wisely. If what you say is correct, do we all agree that spending this
money for travel and accomodation sponsorship for GUADEC is the best way
to spend this money?

AFAIK Google sponsors students with *more* 500 USD to attend conferences, apart from the 500 USD that the organization receives..
It was in this way for the 2 years I've been a GSoC student.

Best Regards,
--
Fabiano Fidêncio