Re: GNOME starts campaign to protect its trademarks

On 12/11/2014, Kurt von Finck <kvf gnome org> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 1:59 AM, Tobias Mueller <muelli cryptobitch de>
wrote:

GNOME has launched a campaign¹ to raise funds for protecting the GNOME
trademarks.

Recently, Groupon launched Gnome², a tablet-based point of sale (POS)
system that
Groupon describes as a “platform” and an “operating system”.

<snip>

https://engineering.groupon.com/2014/misc/gnome-foundation-and-groupon-product-names/

"UPDATE: After additional conversations with the open source community and
the Gnome Foundation, we have decided to abandon our pending trademark
applications for “Gnome.” We will choose a new name for our product going
forward."

Is this statement from Groupon false?

No, the board can confirm that this is true. You can find our official
confirmation statement at
http://www.gnome.org/news/2014/11/groupon-has-agreed-to-change-its-product-name/

--
./k

kurt von finck

http://www.mneptok.com

Music is the space between the notes. - Debussy