Re: Minutes of the Board Meeting of November, 14th, 2014

Thanks AV!  Glad to have a lead on what's going on.  Maybe I should join the IRC channel...

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 11:18 AM, Andrea Veri <av gnome org> wrote:
= Minutes for Friday, November 14th, 2014, 17:00 UTC =

== Attending ==
 * Ekaterina Gerasimova
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Marina Zhurakhinskaya
 * Jeff Fortin
 * Andrea Veri
 * Sriram Ramkrishna
 * Karen Sandler
 * Tobias Mueller

== Regrets ==

== Missing ==

== Board meeting ==
  * Groupon
    * The board discussed the Groupon trademark situation and plans moving forward. The board agreed that they will make as much information available as is consistent with legal counsel once the matter is resolved.

  * Deferred until further mailing list discussion occurs from other board members (or missing info):
    * Emma Stamm's proposal for a research project around nonprofit management
    * GNOME Privacy project (what to do with the remaining funds)
      * Hackfests?
    * NDA for sysadmins (for the privacy policy)
    * Karen's GUADEC 2014 travel expenses reimbursement

== Discussed on the mailing list ==

 * Leftover of GNOME.Asia Summit and GUADEC Chinese Sponsorship
 * Use of part of the privacy campaign funds for one OPW intern
  * GNOME to sponsor an intern (Jodi Hansen, mentored by Tobias Mueller) that will work on improving GNOME Keysign
  * Vote and discussion still going on on the mailing list
 * Pending payments and reimbursement for GUADEC 2014
 * Possible contract renewal for Andrea Veri

== Completed Actions ==

 * Kat to follow-up with Emma Stamm about her research proposal
 * Kat to forward the NDA for sysadmins to our infrastructure team first,  then run it by our lawyer for final approval if no major objections will  be raised
 * Kat to draft a proposal for a privacy policy for review: website policy is being reviewed

== Pending action items ==

 * GNOME's CoC: Board to follow up in the upcoming meetings and prepare a version of the CoC to be finally considered final over all the GNOME yearly events
 * Edward Swartz's "philantropist donation": Sri to email him to thank, say we're getting a gift together, ask about reasons motivating his great donation, maybe offer an interview? And verify his mailing address.
 * Kat to create a private wiki page on the web services accounts holders and passwords
  * Allan and Kat decided to go for a private git account instead for security reasons
 * Kat to draft a proposal for a privacy policy for review
 * Kat to draft a contract template for future use organizations for which we handle money
 * Karen to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
 * Karen will look at gnome-software privacy issues from a legal standpoint
 * Karen to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME conferences to discuss on foundation-list
 * Tobi to continue pursuing the fund collection in Europe
 * Tobi to talk to Andrea to move the PayPal data extraction scripts over to the GNOME infrastructure
 * Sri to investigate better uses of adsense/adwords on the GNOME websites
 * Sri to communicate to Rosanna and work on the donation for the West Coast hackfest
 * Sri, Marina, Kat to work on establishing criteria for drafting for the hiring committee for the ED role
 * Sri to investigate the GNOME gifts situation




Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Sysadmin Team Coordinator,
GNOME Foundation Membership & Elections Committee Chairman


foundation-announce mailing list
foundation-announce gnome org

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]