Re: GNOME starts campaign to protect its trademarks

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 1:59 AM, Tobias Mueller <muelli cryptobitch de> wrote:
GNOME has launched a campaign¹ to raise funds for protecting the GNOME trademarks.

Recently, Groupon launched Gnome², a tablet-based point of sale (POS) system that
Groupon describes as a “platform” and an “operating system”.

<snip>

https://engineering.groupon.com/2014/misc/gnome-foundation-and-groupon-product-names/

"UPDATE: After additional conversations with the open source community and the Gnome Foundation, we have decided to abandon our pending trademark applications for “Gnome.” We will choose a new name for our product going forward."

Is this statement from Groupon false?

--
./k

kurt von finck

http://www.mneptok.com

Music is the space between the notes. - Debussy