Re: question for candidates

On 05/21/2014 12:45 PM, Bastien Nocera wrote:
In the past, we would try to sponsor GNOME folks for hackfests that are
wider than GNOME itself, and in some cases, important people in the
community around those building blocks.

For example, the location hackfest, built around work on Geoclue2, has
plenty of non-GNOME attendees:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Hackfests/Location2014

I believe it also happened for the Color management hackfest:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Hackfests/ColorManagement2012

More examples to Bastien's list. ATK/AT-SPI (or in general Accessibility
hackfests):
https://wiki.gnome.org/Hackfests/ATK2011
https://wiki.gnome.org/Accessibility/Hackfests/ATK2012

Those had people coming with a Qt(KDE), Mozilla, etc. profiles.

Obviously, it's better when the contributor's home organisation can pay
for costs rather than GNOME. It might not always be the case however.

Probably that would make things somewhat more complex, as would add
several exceptions to the home organization along the year. FWIW, I was
invited and funded by the KDE Sprint 2011 (KDE's equivalent to GNOME
Hackfests) organization, being in that specific case case the non-KDE
profile.

BR

--
----