Re: Board of Directors Elections 2014 - Candidacy - Anish Patil

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 9:35 PM, Sindhu S <sindhus live in> wrote:
On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 9:22 PM, anish patil <anish developer gmail com>
wrote:

I did try to run hackfest in India couple of times but real problem is
fund
raising, i did reach few Indian companies to sponsor for
events/hackfests
but unfortunately that did not go that well.

In Bangalore, we have four GNOMEies as I know of (Arun Raghavan, Aruna S,
Srinivasa
Ragavan and myself). Aruna is involved and is an active FMSK person. FSMK is
very
keen on bringing FOSS to students and Bangalore people. Though each of us
have our own time commitments to take care of, the planned talk/hackfest
at FSMK did not go through. Anish, would you be interested in picking this
up
from where it was left off?

I randomly joined the gnome.in list last week, mostly because I was
working on an article regarding hackfests and saw that you were
organizing it, there was a lot of traffic on the mailing list last
year, but then nothing since.  I was planning on posting just to
invigorate the list to see if we could bring some discussion back as I
was somewhat interested in seeing what happened?

I have a events planner if you need help. :-)  Just ask!

sri