Re: Question for candidates

On Mon, 2014-05-19 at 16:55 +0100, David King wrote:
Finally, and only once the financial situation is more clear, the
board
needs to find a new executive director. I anticipate that these
goals,
which in some ways amount to getting the Foundation "back on track"
will be challenging to meet over the next year.

I have a follow-up question (for David and incumbents): why do you want
(or not want) to hire a new executive director? What responsibilities do
you think the executive director role should entail? Can the foundation
afford to wait to hire a new executive director?

I'm asking because most of Karen's work was not highly-visible. I'm
aware that she worked on recruiting new advisory board members and spoke
at conferences, both of which seem important. But I'm sure there must be
more to the job that I am unaware of, to justify the significant
expense.