Re: Mission Statement

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 1:26 PM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
I think OPW is great. Having it ran by GNOME is great as well. Lack of
status update is bad. Having OPW funds under the same legal entity is
IMO questionable. I think it should be a separate legal entity. For as
it already caused risks, and I don't see how this is aligned with
mission statement. Meaning: A lot of money is being moved via GNOME.
GNOME has special status (the donate for free bit), IMO legal entity
would be needed.
Very wise opinion.

Speaking as a member of the Engagement team I think OPW is really
really  great but that don't necessarily means that GNOME should have
the administrative responsibility as it apparently put extra pressure
on GNOME's already strained resources (speaking here primarily about
the board members time).

One must also think one of take into take into account the
exceptionally growth of the program, I do not think the original
organizers could envision such sucess when the program was started but
the questions is now how to best move the program forward.
--
-mvh Oliver Propst