Re: Minutes of the Board meeting of March 25th, 2014

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 2:41 AM, meg ford <meg387 gmail com> wrote:
Hi Zeeshan,

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 10:10 AM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
<zeeshanak gnome org> wrote:

Since visa process is not in the hands of the board, I think any help
that board offers is a big favour so IMO what is unfair here is for
you to complain for not getting a favour while another person did. I'm
a bit sad to hear this from an ex-OPW participant as OPW is itself an
unfair[1] advantage and you were one of the people to get that. If it
makes you feel better, Diego will not get that favour.

This comment was orthogonal to the discussion, and as a former OPW intern I
found it to be discouraging.

It really should not be. Did you see my footnote to this comment? If
you did, Its here:

[1] Don't get me wrong, being a big supporter of OPW, I understand the
rationale for being unfair and in fact thats my point.

Feel free to contact me in private if you want me to expand on that
since you yourself pointed out, this discussion is orthogonal to the
thread.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)