Minutes of the Board meeting of March 25th, 2014

wiki: https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20140325

= Minutes for Tuesday, March 25th, 2014, 16:00 UTC =

== Next Meeting ==
 * Tuesday, April 8th, 2014, 16:00 UTC

== Attending ==
 * Andreas Nilsson
 * Marina Zhurakhinskaya
 * Tobias Mueller
 * Joanmarie Diggs
 * Ekaterina Gerasimova
 * Emmanuele Bassi
 * Sriram Ramkrishna
 * Rosanna Yuen

=== Regrets ===
 * Karen Sandler

=== Missing ===

== Board Meeting Agenda ==

 * Outstanding reimbursements
  * Improve the cumbersome workflow
   * After a positive response from Rosanna about travel reimbursement
wiki page, created one for general reimbursements.

 * Upcoming events
  * GUADEC 2014
   * Waiting on a legal entity in France to transfer leftover money
from GUADEC 2013
   * Call for Proposals is ready and waiting for the website
   * Website and registration
    * Optional gender and background (ethnicity/race and country of residence)
  * GNOME.Asia
   * FUDcon happening at the same time

 * Privacy guide for GNOME
  * Discussion has started on foundation-list
  * We need a guide for developers on how to treat user privacy
  * Available on the wiki and/or gnome.org website
  * General question of user data collection
  * Similar issues likely to come up on the future
  * Not super-urgent, but needs to happen before 3.14
  * '''ACTION''': Kat to draft a proposal for a privacy policy for review

 * Update on fund collection in Europe
  * Karen is travelling, we'll ask her for an update via email

 * Post ED plans
  * We should ask Stormy for potential candidates
  * We need to ensure a proper transition of Karen's contacts from her
to the board
  * Karen can join the interview process as part of legal counsel past
her role of ED

 * Diego could not get a visa for the West Coast Hackfest
  * Should we reimburse his visa fees
  * '''VOTE''': Reimburse USD 160 of visa costs for Diego: -1 Andreas,
Kat; +1 Sri, Tobi, Marina, Emmanuele; Joanie abstains
  * We should discuss to amend our policy for reimbursements for visa
costs in the future

== Discussed on the mailing list ==

== Completed Actions ==
 * Kat to contact the GIMP developers for allocating the money for the
event at LGM
 * Kat will email the Release Team on behalf of the board to express
the board's concern regarding gnome-software (no longer relevant, does
not need completion)

== Pending action items ==
 * Andreas to put together a GNOME supporter card for our donors
 * Emmanuele to send Zana and Tobi an update on FoG donors gifts
 * Emmanuele to send hackers up for "adoption" the list of donors that
want a postcard
 * Emmanuele to draft a date and time for the post-release meeting
 * Emmanuele to send a proposal to foundation-list about possible IRC meetings
 * Joanie to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME
conferences to discuss on foundation-list
  * Joanie and Karen to meet and discuss about the photography policy
for GNOME events
 * Joanie to go over Michael Schumacher ideas on the Gimp funding
processes and merge them with her ideas on the wiki
 * Kat to create a private wiki page on the web services accounts
holders and passwords
  * Allan and Kat decided to go for a private git account instead for
security reasons
 * Kat to draft a proposal for a privacy policy for review during the
next meeting
 * Karen to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
 * Karen and Tobi to continue pursuing the fund collection in Europe
 * Karen will review the agreement for collecting funds in Europe
 * Karen will look at gnome-software privacy issues from a legal standpoint
 * Sri to investigate better uses of adsense/adwords on the GNOME websites
 * Tobi to talk to Andrea to move the PayPal data extraction scripts
over to the GNOME infrastructure
 * Marina will follow up with Rosanna on OPW fincances

W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi/

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]