Re: relicensing to GPLv3-family of licenses (was Re: Distribution Naming System)

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 11:02:31PM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
    To move things forward, the best is probably to create a GNOME goal:
    https://wiki.gnome.org/Initiatives/GnomeGoals

Can you help me do this, Sebastian?

I wanted to create a new Gnome goal candidate, but in this page:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Initiatives/GnomeGoals/Proposals

we can read:
"Non-controversial: The patches are going to have to be accepted by the
individual module maintainers; don't suggest something as a Goal that
maintainers are likely to reject. (Convince people first, then propose
the Goal.)"

I don't know if an exception can be made for the licenses. In any case,
bug reports can be filed against the relevant modules. And a mail or
blog post can be written to explain why it is a good idea (the
desktop-devel-list has probably a broader audience than the
foundation-list).

--
Sébastien