Re: Current state of Foundation finances

So, the FAQ has a call for donations, however I can't find how to donate anywhere, the closest thing I can find is making a PayPal donation to GIMP :-)

David King <amigadave amigadave com> wrote:
>>> Don't we have reserves though? We should have 6 months of operating
>>> expenses as reserves.
>>

>> I should leave maybe this to Kat and other board members but I'm
>> recently enough gone that I can answer - the Foundation has adequate
>> reserves for GNOME's ordinary operations but not for OPW, and the
>> program has ramped up really quickly while the Foundation is still very
>> small.
>

> That is not correct according to:
>
> https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/CurrentBudgetFAQ#What_is_the_problem.3F
> That section states "The Foundation does not have any cash reserves right
> now".

Blunt statements like this aren't very helpful, and they send a really
bad message. It's easy to read this line and think the worst.

Clearly we do have protected reserves - which we are preserving by the
freeze on sponsorship repayments. The extra reserves that we usually
have are expected to recover, and there is a plan in place to ensure
this happens. Can we try and clarify this on the wiki please?

Allan