Re: Minutes of the Board meeting of October 29th, 2013

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 11:03 AM, Máirín Duffy <duffy fedoraproject org> wrote:
On 11/21/2013 10:59 AM, Allan Day wrote:
Máirín Duffy <duffy fedoraproject org> wrote:
I see the brand book I put together with Jeff Waugh way back when (where
that vertical version of the logo came from, and the existing logotype)
has been unceremoniously deleted or somehow obscured from being able to
be viewed on the wiki now. Any time I hit a search term that seems to
point to it, I get a redirect to this new logo and trademarks page.

There have been a number of threads about this on the Engagement list,
and it was discussed at the Marketing Hackfest (there were blog posts
about this) and at GUADEC. I didn't see anyone volunteering to help me
with this work at the time, or subsequently...

The files were moved to cloud.gnome.org as a part of a general clean
up exercise which was announced on the mailing list. There are links
to the new location of these files from the Engagement team wiki page.

I had no idea there was even an engagement list. Was it announced on
this list?

I believe we announced back in June that the Marketing Team was
changing its name to Engagement after the hackfest in New York City.
I'm not sure that the change was announced on foundation-list, though
I am fairly certain it was on marketing, and was certainly blogged
about a good bit at the time.

Why was a redirect put in place? It comes off as very aggressive.

Why not have a placeholder page that has a link to the new page, so that
the history is still accessible? I have no clue how you dug up that
cloud.gnome.org link, how does one look something like that up? How
would a layman researching GNOME's brand history come across that?
Certainly not through Google, I tried!

And what of the OPW intern's work?

~m