Re: Exceptions to renewals / new memberships processing during elections

On Tue, 2013-05-28 at 21:40 +0200, Andrea Veri wrote:
Hi,

the current policy of the GNOME Foundation Membership Committee prevents us
from processing renewals / new membership requests during Board's elections
but we received a few e-mails stating the fact that this is actually
blocking a few people from requesting travel subsidies for the upcoming
GUADEC 2013 and we don't want that to happen.
[...]

FWIW, people should *not* wait until they get the renewal in order to
apply for sponsorship.  They can say they are in the process of renewing
their membership in their application.  They can update their status
later and/or we will cross check it.

The sooner they apply the better. Specially for speakers.

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño
http://calcifer.org/