Re: Travel assistance applications to attend to GUADEC

On Tue, 2013-05-28 at 13:20 +0900, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 8:23 AM, Germán Póo-Caamaño <gpoo gnome org> wrote:
On Mon, 2013-05-27 at 14:47 -0700, Germán Póo-Caamaño wrote:
The GNOME Foundation provides travel sponsorships to individuals
that want to attend GUADEC and need financial assistance.

We are happy to announce that the Travel Committee is ready to
receive applications for sponsorships to attend to GUADEC 2013.

The instructions are detailed at http://live.gnome.org/Travel
Please read them carefully.

Deadline: May 31, 2013, 19:00 UTC.  You can start sending
your applications now!

After further consideration the new deadline is: June 3, 2013, 19:00
UTC.

I'm a little confused, or perhaps just unfamiliar with this process.

How can the deadline to request sponsorship be on June 3rd
when the deadline for speakers to confirm their attendance is
already June 2nd ?

Bad combination of factors.  However, speakers are encouraged to apply
soon.

If the only reason that a speaker has to not confirm yet is the
sponsorship, then you should confirm and say you are applying for
sponsorship.  We will coordinate with the papers committee.

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño
http://calcifer.org/