Re: Exceptions to renewals / new memberships processing during elections

Hey,

Couldn't we do make memberships in a way that they never expire on elections time? like, if elections are in may, we don't allow any membership to expire on may, (we move the expiration date to the first day after elections or something like that?) Would be that possible, both from technical way and in a way that does not break any rule?

Greetings

José

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 12:53 PM, Andrea Veri <av gnome org> wrote:
2013/5/29 Andrew Cowie <andrew operationaldynamics com>
On Tue, 2013-05-28 at 21:40 +0200, Andrea Veri wrote:
> In the case your renewal / membership will be processed as an
> exception during the election period you won't be able to vote.

Why is this? I've been a GNOME contributor for many years and Foundation
member for at least two cycles. Who cares that my renewal fell during an
election season. Why can't I vote?

Unfortunately there's no easy way for new tokens to be generated after the first run and that's why we set a timeline for expired memberships to be renewed. Joanmarie started an interesting discussion about this at [1], you may want to follow up if you wish to do so.

Andrea

Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Sysadmin,