Re: Exceptions to renewals / new memberships processing during elections

2013/5/29 Andrew Cowie <andrew operationaldynamics com>
On Tue, 2013-05-28 at 21:40 +0200, Andrea Veri wrote:
> In the case your renewal / membership will be processed as an
> exception during the election period you won't be able to vote.

Why is this? I've been a GNOME contributor for many years and Foundation
member for at least two cycles. Who cares that my renewal fell during an
election season. Why can't I vote?

Unfortunately there's no easy way for new tokens to be generated after the first run and that's why we set a timeline for expired memberships to be renewed. Joanmarie started an interesting discussion about this at [1], you may want to follow up if you wish to do so.

[1] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/membership-committee/2013-May/msg00094.html and follow-ups

Andrea

Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,