Re: A Question for New Candidates

----- Original Message -----
From: "Allan Day" <allanpday gmail com>
To: "foundation-list" <foundation-list gnome org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:12:45 AM
Subject: A Question for New Candidates

Hi everyone,

Big thanks to everyone who has put themselves forward as a board
candidate. It's really awesome that you are willing to spend time on
the foundation.

It's also fantastic that we have so many fantastic new candidates this
time around, and I have a question for you. One thing I find myself
asking is: what do you think you will personally bring to the role if
you are elected? In other words: why do you think that you will be a
good board member?

I think I'd be a good board member because I have
* willingness to reach out to people - both newcomers and people in the wider Free Software / technology
community
* insight into the design and development process of GNOME
* attention to detail
* ability to come up with new solutions, plan things out, and follow through

I don't expect an essay here, btw. :)

Thanks again,

Allan

Thank you,