Re: A Question for New Candidates

Hi Allan

On 21 May 2013 11:12, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
[…]

It's also fantastic that we have so many fantastic new candidates this
time around, and I have a question for you. One thing I find myself
asking is: what do you think you will personally bring to the role if
you are elected? In other words: why do you think that you will be a
good board member?

Besides the obvious necessities of time and commitment, I realise that a large part of the board work is not particularly glamorous yet is essential to the continued existence of the Foundation and the community which it supports. As you probably noticed, I did not put myself down for any specific role when I sent in my candidacy. I think that I would be well suited to take on the role of treasurer from Shaun, who has been doing an excellent job, as I have experience in the area through my current and previous work.

In my candidacy statement, I listed some specifics, such as improving the events workflow, and I think that a position on the board would allow me to achieve this effectively.

Kat