Re: Question to GNOME Foundation Board candidates

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fabiana Simões" <fabianapsimoes gmail com>
To: "Foundation List" <foundation-list gnome org>
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 10:22:45 AM
Subject: Question to GNOME Foundation Board candidates

Hello all,

First, thanks to all candidates for volunteering to the Foundation Board.

We have a number of candidates running for a second term, and knowing what
were these candidates' contributions to the Foundation in the past year is
quite important for me as a voter. However, as per Zeeshan's questions, I
find it hard to follow the Board's progress and accomplishments. I would
like to know what are your ideas on improving the visibility of the Board's
actions, and communication to Foundation members.

Two possible ideas are to
1) Have highlights on the top of the Foundation meeting minutes. 1-3 items everyone in the Foundation should
know about - whether because help is needed in completing them or because they got completed.
2) Have the board members take turns in writing a monthly blog post in their own blog about the happenings on
the board, from their perspective. This will give people an interesting first-hand insight and place it in
front of their eyes on Planet GNOME. This is similar to how we learn about what happened at hackfests or what
the interns have been up to. There should also be a wiki page where the posts' authors will be responsible to
add links to their reports. A schedule of who is responsible for the blog post each month should be created
in the beginning of the board year.

Thanks,
Fabiana

Thanks,