Re: GNOME etherpad instance [WAS: Re: Question to GNOME Foundation Board candidates]

hi Frederic;

On 20 May 2013 18:09, Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org> wrote:
[ not related to the current election ]

Emmanuele Bassi wrote:

a month ago or so, we finally switched from gobby to an etherpad
instance running on gnome.org; this has facilitated immensely my work

I found it at https://etherpad.gnome.org but it doesn't allow me to
edit pads ("You do not have permission to access this pad" after it
created a pad); we have been using various external etherpad for
release team meeting, it would be nice if we could use the gnome.org
one; is it planned to open it?

we have been testing the etherpad installation; right now, with just a
couple of pads, we found that there are a couple of reliability issues
— the pad some times just gets stuck, or you get a 503. I think
Andreas is working with Andrea to look into those issues.

we can definitely evaluate the use of the etherpad installation for
other teams; I think it would probably not be good on our
infrastructure and resources if we just had that open for everyone,
though. maybe we could have the access associated to the @gnome.org
account.

AFAIR, Mozilla (for instance) has two etherpad installations: one
slaved to the LDAP for internal usage, and another one public; but
they do have more resources than we do to maintain the latter. :-)

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name