Re: Question to GNOME Foundation Board candidates

hi Fabiana;

On 20 May 2013 15:22, Fabiana Simões <fabianapsimoes gmail com> wrote:

We have a number of candidates running for a second term, and knowing what
were these candidates' contributions to the Foundation in the past year is
quite important for me as a voter. However, as per Zeeshan's questions, I
find it hard to follow the Board's progress and accomplishments. I would
like to know what are your ideas on improving the visibility of the Board's
actions, and communication to Foundation members.

you have definitely a point, here.

during the last term, Andreas and I followed the suggestion from this
mailing list to send the agenda prior to the meeting. sadly, this has
fallen a bit on the wayside — but I think it's something that we
should strive for it this term.

another thing that we (and me personally, if I am re-elected) commit
to is the timely publication of the minutes; for every meeting there
are a certain number of items that are set to be private, and thus
have to be edited out of the minutes prior to publishing. this,
obviously, takes time, and it's a process that can have mistakes; you
may have noticed that I left a couple of private items in the public
minutes here and there. :-) nevertheless, whoever ends up as a
secretary needs to ensure that time to do editing and review of the
minutes is taken into account.

a month ago or so, we finally switched from gobby to an etherpad
instance running on gnome.org; this has facilitated immensely my work
— the gobby server we had only allowed for limited editing
capabilities (no undo!) and it was a pretty high barrier to entry.
etherpad has other interesting issues, but it has proven to be much
more up to the task. thanks go to Andreas Nilsson and Andrea Veri for
setting it up.

obviously, the board should be open for suggestions, and I'd like to
hear what others think about this topic.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name