jabber.gnome.org's future

Howdy guys,

as you may know we're currently hosting an openfire istance (jabber server) on one of our machines, I'm currently migrating a good bunch of services and reviewing all the services we host in case they need an upgrade or just a little maintenance.

I have a few questions I would like to ask to our Foundation members (jabber.gnome.org is actually a service meant for @gnome.org addresses) about our jabber service:

1. have you ever used jabber.gnome.org?
2. is it a service you find useful?
3. do you think we should discontinue it? if yes, why? if not, why?
4. what are the major issues you had with it and you would like to see fixed? (apart the self-signed SSL certificate, which will be fixed soon)

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer these questions,

Andrea

Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Sysadmin,