Re: jabber.gnome.org's future

On Fri, 2013-03-01 at 13:45 +0100, Andrea Veri wrote:
Howdy guys,

as you may know we're currently hosting an openfire istance (jabber
server) on one of our machines, I'm currently migrating a good bunch
of services and reviewing all the services we host in case they need
an upgrade or just a little maintenance.

I have a few questions I would like to ask to our Foundation members
(jabber.gnome.org is actually a service meant for @gnome.org
addresses) about our jabber service:

1. have you ever used jabber.gnome.org?
2. is it a service you find useful?

as shaun i make heavy use of this service, it is also my primary im
account.

3. do you think we should discontinue it? if yes, why? if not, why?

no, but i think foundation members should be offered a jabber account
more prominently than it might occurred in the last years.

4. what are the major issues you had with it and you would like to see
fixed? (apart the self-signed SSL certificate, which will be fixed
soon)

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer these questions,

Andrea

Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Sysadmin,