Re: Setting moderation bit for members who consistently hijack topics

On Wed, Jan 09, 2013 at 06:37:41PM -0500, Karen Sandler wrote:
> Moreover, it's probably more polite to make requests about changes to
> moderation policy off-list to the admins,

I'm set as one of the listadmins for this mailing list.

Suggest at minimum the following:
* decide what is on topic and what is off topic for this list
  I assume GNU is ontopic, as long as the GNOME website says we are part
  of it.
* contact the person off list, pointing towards previous discussion on
  what is ontopic and what is not
* if this does not help, maybe contact Code of Conduct mediator
* as last resort, contact a listadmin

Personally, I heavily disagree with the way things are done in GNU
(actions, not the ideas). Mostly due to the attitude which to me seems
like an extreme version of "us vs them". The 'Ubuntu' thing however was
made clear that such behaviour is not acceptable which IMO is also good
to make clear. But personal opinion aside, please first define if GNU
matters should be ontopic or not.

--
Regards,
Olav