Re: Setting moderation bit for members who consistently hijack topics

I'm amazed by the concept of "hijacking topics".  I did not realize
that a topic was so valuable.

I said we should react to spyware _as we would_ to a crime.  You
called my messages violent theft.  Spyware is more grave than
posting a message, but your criticism is stronger than mine.

My alleged crime, if I understand right, consists of not changing the
Subject field.  I confess I don't think about the Subject field when I
send a reply.  This is because I don't know of any reason it would
matter much to anyone.

Is there some practical reason why the Subject field makes a big
difference to you?  Does it affect your mail reader's behavior
substantially?  If changing the subject field helps people, I will try
to remember to do it.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation