Re: Are membership renewals generally discussed publicly on the list? (was Re: Setting moderation bit for members who consistently hijack topics)

Hi,

Le jeudi 10 janvier 2013, à 12:36 -0500, Bradley M. Kuhn a écrit :
> Is it standard procedure for credentials of Foundation members to be
> discussed on-list like this -- particularly for existing members in good
> standing?
>
> For example, I don't recall my own membership being discussed herein when I
> was renewed; it was done in private email with the Membership Committee.

Actually, such discussions are now publicly archived (even though
there are still private mails every now and then, I guess):
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/membership-committee/

But that only happens when the person applies (or re-applies) for
membership, but not on foundation-list, and such discussions are lead by
the membership committee.

Cheers,

Vincent

--