Is it really possible to "hijack" a topic?

    I think it would make a big difference if you did this. Then people who are
    interested in hearing your thoughts can read and respond to them and the
    main topic can also continue.

Discussion of hosting can continue just fine -- my messages don't stop
people from talking about it.  Nonetheless, I will try to change
subject lines in the future, for other people's convenience.

I will try to remember to do so, but I am not sure I will remember,
because I start few discussions on foundation-list -- just a few times
a year.  Next time is likely to be months from now, and I may have
forgotten all about this discussion by then.  If I forget, please
remind me and I will do it.

In this case, I did not think I was starting a discussion.  I intended
only to point people at the article.  I could have changed the subject
field nonetheless, and in the future do so (if I remember) even in
marginal cases like this.  However, my point is that the other person,
the one who started really Ubuntu at length, also had the chance to
change it.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation