Re: Setting moderation bit for members who consistently hijack topics

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 12:20 AM, Richard Stallman <rms gnu org> wrote:
Is there some practical reason why the Subject field makes a big
difference to you?  Does it affect your mail reader's behavior
substantially?  If changing the subject field helps people, I will try
to remember to do it.

It does. Emails are organized in threads based on the subject field in many email clients. That way, rather than trying to sort through emails to follow where different threads in a conversation pick up and leave off, one can simply read the pre-arranged email threads based on whether one is interested in the subject.

I think it would make a big difference if you did this. Then people who are interested in hearing your thoughts can read and respond to them and the main topic can also continue.

Meg Ford