Re: Reaching out to Amazon for credit?

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 7:11 PM, Richard Stallman <rms gnu org> wrote:

    Richard, I find your emails very rude.

I don't see grounds for that -- they are not objectively rude.

No, but they are rude in context. The fact that you do not work within the context of that particular conversation makes them rude. Perhaps you don't see the context. If so, maybe others could help you figure out when and how to contribute to a mailing list in the most effective manner.

The groundless personal attack against me -- that was rude.  But
you did not criticize that.  Why not?

Sorry, I did not see it as a personal attack. I saw it as a response to your inappropriate email and a plea to you to please help us all be more effective in our efforts to promote free software. The way you currently jump into conversations often hurts our goals as much as it helps.

As many on this list know, I respond - sometimes privately and sometimes publicly - whenever I see passion matched with behavior that is making them ineffective. Everyone is welcome to take my advice, ignore my advice or discuss it. I try to learn from every interaction. (I also try not to jump in very often. :)

Happy to take this offline now.

Stormy