Re: Technical and legal aspects of pitivi's crowdfunding campaign.

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 1:34 AM, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
Have there been any thoughts about a third option: actually having the
Foundation hire the people?

There are probably several downsides (in terms of costs; in terms of
legal paperwork, as I understand that this is about French people and
the Foundation is still kind of US-centric for that matter; in terms of
involvement from the Foundation; etc.). But on the other hand, it might
make sense to at least think whether it's a good idea for the Foundation
to employ developers.

MediaGoblin uses this model -- they raised money through a Free Software Foundation campaign and their developer is, I believe, legally an employee of the FSF. So it may make sense to ask the FSF for information about how they handle this, since it might give you some useful ideas.