Re: More Hackfests wanted

On Thu, 2013-04-04 at 16:07 +0530, anish patil wrote:
Hello,

I started similar discussion gnome-india mailing list and we had decided to
have a hackefest/meeting  within India. However if hackers from other
countries are welcome.
If you are interested in this idea, please feel to edit the page,
https://live.gnome.org/GnomeIndia-2013
Depending on number of people, venue and date can be determined.

There used to be two different budgets: Hackfests and Outreach.  The
former to get contributors together to accelerate the development, the
latter to spread the word of GNOME.  Both are good activities to be
done.

Have this changed?

In spite the budget had been set together, it would be nice to keep the
concept of 'hackfest' narrowed and well defined.  Otherwise, there is a
risk that this could become meaningless.  This is IMVVHO.

PS: I'm sorry Anish for hijacking your thread.

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño
http://calcifer.org/