Re: Agenda for the board meeting of November 20th, 2012

Le mercredi 21 novembre 2012, à 16:57 -0500, Shaun McCance a écrit :
> On Wed, 2012-11-21 at 08:16 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > > Do you have more details on that? Like when about that was and how that
> > > happened?
> >
> > There was some discussion in January 2006 about the SVG working group,
> > for instance. We got someone from Inkscape invited as an expert in this
> > WG. That's probably the part I remember. I also know that Daniel
> > Veillard is (or at least was, at that time) an invited expert for the
> > XML working group.
>
> Daniel is officially Red Hat's representative on the XML Core
> Working Group. Of course, that doesn't mean he can't also bring
> GNOME's interests to the table. One option is asking advisory
> board members to put people on working groups who can represent
> our interests.
>
> And perhaps we should just try to get more of our developers on
> working groups as invited experts. I'm on the MultilingalWeb-LT
> working group because of my itstool work, for example. But there
> are benefits to being a member organization.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying we shouldn't become a member
organization. I'm simply giving the current board some background, given
that the topic was raised several years ago. Back then, it was concluded
we didn't need any of the benefits you get when you are a member; things
might be different today -- I'm not aware of the context of the current
discussion :-)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.