Re: Agenda for the board meeting of November 20th, 2012

On Wed, 2012-11-21 at 08:16 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Le mercredi 21 novembre 2012, à 02:03 +0100, Tobias Mueller a écrit :
> > Bonjour Vincent :-)
> >
> > Thanks a lot for your valuable input!
> >
> > On 20.11.2012 15:59, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > > For the record, in the past, what we did instead of formally joining the
> > > W3C is have some people from our community be invited experts to some
> > > working groups
> > Do you have more details on that? Like when about that was and how that
> > happened?
>
> There was some discussion in January 2006 about the SVG working group,
> for instance. We got someone from Inkscape invited as an expert in this
> WG. That's probably the part I remember. I also know that Daniel
> Veillard is (or at least was, at that time) an invited expert for the
> XML working group.

Daniel is officially Red Hat's representative on the XML Core
Working Group. Of course, that doesn't mean he can't also bring
GNOME's interests to the table. One option is asking advisory
board members to put people on working groups who can represent
our interests.

And perhaps we should just try to get more of our developers on
working groups as invited experts. I'm on the MultilingalWeb-LT
working group because of my itstool work, for example. But there
are benefits to being a member organization.

Anyway, it was just a preliminary discussion. We didn't decide
one way or the other, and we welcome community feedback.

--
Shaun