Re: European bank account for donations

2012/3/10 Germán Póo-Caamaño <gpoo gnome org>:

>> Does this make sense?
>
> It might need necessary to figure out the way to do it properly (I think
> that is what Baptiste is trying to figure out).  Otherwise, for the tax
> office this sort of operation can look as money laundry or tax evasion.

…and I don't want to go to jail. :)

Just to clarify, any French non-profit association can receive
donation (in the sense of "manual donation" which means money given by
hand and transfer), whatever its size is, so GNOME-FR could receive
donation.
We have to see if this is feasible and how, because there could be
some legal problems:
- is there some limits to the amount of money.
- Are we authorized to give the money back to the foundation ?
- …

We already had several issue due to the location of the Foundation in
the past, like the tee-shirt design contest back on November 2010 [1]
which excluded inhabitants of some countries due to the embargo
decided by the U.S.A. It's perhaps the right time to think to have a
legal representation in Europe (and perhaps on other continents).

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2010-November/msg00020.html
--
Baptiste Mille-Mathias
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés