Proposal - merge the Foundation blog into gnome.org

Hi all,

For a long time we have had a news feed for gnome.org and a separate
Foundation blog. I'm proposing that we combine them both into the
gnome.org feed.

A bit of background. First, I think we should be moving in a direction
where the Foundation isn't considered to be a separate entity from the
GNOME project. The Foundation is a vital part of our project, there
shouldn't be much of a difference between 'The GNOME Project' and 'The
GNOME Foundation' in terms of membership and identity. Second, GNOME's
news feeds are currently in a rather poor state. They are highly
fragmented and are often dead or on life support.

The gnome.org news feed and the Foundation blog are almost identical
in scope. The gnome.org feed provides 'official', generally
non-technical, news about what is happening in the GNOME project. The
Foundation blog is exactly the same, except that it is restricted to
the Foundation. There is a large class of subjects that I would like
to see on both streams, including board elections, fund raising
campaigns, new members, release announcements and initiatives such as
the GNOME Outreach Program for Women. Both the gnome.org news stream
and the Foundation blog would benefit from having a higher frequency
of posts.

It might be hard to lose the Foundation blog, but I think we'd be
stronger if we united our feeds.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Allan
--