Re: Proposal - merge the Foundation blog into gnome.org

On 11/30/2011 10:32 AM, Allan Day wrote:
Hi all,

For a long time we have had a news feed for gnome.org and a separate
Foundation blog. I'm proposing that we combine them both into the
gnome.org feed.

A bit of background. First, I think we should be moving in a direction
where the Foundation isn't considered to be a separate entity from the
GNOME project. The Foundation is a vital part of our project, there
shouldn't be much of a difference between 'The GNOME Project' and 'The
GNOME Foundation' in terms of membership and identity. Second, GNOME's
news feeds are currently in a rather poor state. They are highly
fragmented and are often dead or on life support.

I very much agree!
The foundation news on http://foundation.gnome.org/ are few and far in between and in a less visible place compared to the www.gnome.org frontpage and combining them would be a good move, since all the news currently on f.g.o would fit very well on w.g.o as well.
- Andreas