Re: Questions for all board candidates

On 05/26/2011 08:43 PM, Jeff Schroeder wrote:
1.) For incumbents, have you missed any meetings? What is your % of
missed vs attended meetings and why? For new challengers, how much
time can you dedicate to working on the board each week? How do you
plan on spending that time?

2.) Other open source / free software projects run their meetings in
the open via IRC (such as Fedora's FESCO I believe). Would you
consider that, and if not, what about recording how board members vote
on a given topic. This includes +1 / -1 / abstains and perhaps give a
small comment on any -1 or abstain. In my opinion, as an open
foundation, the transparency of the board is absolutely critical
_where possible_. Leaders should always set the example for members.

While I agree with Lionel about performance not being time based I also know from experience that you need time to be on the board of any organization. Those who have worked with me either on GNOME.Asia Summit or for Software Freedom Day where I am also a board member know that my job allows me to put the required time when necessary and that I am not afraid of spending my weekends on Free Software. I believe a lot of time can be saved with good anticipation and preparation (rather than doing things at the last minute) and for the remaining part I can surely give 2 full working days a week (2x 8hours) on a regular basis with extras when needed.

Transparency is an important concern to me. I do believe we should be accountable for our decision and that those should be documented. I find the foundation has been doing a rather good job so far but since you are not the only person raising this point maybe this is something we should look at improving. At this stage I agree that phone meetings are more efficient in general and the meeting notes provided by Brian so far have been very thorough. So maybe we could use the foundation IRC meetings to clarify points which are perceived to be not so clear? I am definitely opened for suggestions on those issues.

Pockey

Thankyou for your time and consideration.