Re: Meeting Minutes Published - May 10th, 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 04:44, Brian Cameron <brian cameron oracle com> wrote:

   * Og - Update the blog and planet to highlight that people are
     expected to sign and follow the GNOME Code of Conduct.

I read the Code of Conduct and I felt it imperative and somehow negative (do this, don't do that). Could we turn it to the first person and in a more positive way? Something like:

As a member of the GNOME community, I feel personally responsible to make it a place of good and positive collaboration. Especially,
- I am respectful and considerate: (...)
- I am patient and generous: (...)
- I always assume people mean well:
  I know that decisions are often a difficult choice between competing priorities. When I disagree, I do so politely. When something seems outrageous, I always double check that I did not misinterpret it. When needed I ask for clarification. I never assume the worst: most people mean well.
- I try to be concise in my communication:  (...)