Re: Meeting Minutes Published - December 23, 2010

Hi,

Brian Cameron wrote:
> New Items
>     * GTK+/MeeGo project call for bids.
>           o A bid was chosen and will be announced soon. Those who
>             submitted bids have been contacted and told if their bid
>             was selected or not.

It's been 3 weeks since the meeting now - is there any chance of getting
more information on the winning bid - ie. what will be done, by whom,
and when? As a Maemo/MeeGo guy, this is *very* interesting to me.

Thanks!
Dave.

> Status of action items
>     * Bastien - To get _a_ WebOS/Palm contact from Lennart Poettering.

How about Ari Jaaksi?

>     * Brian - Develop trademark usage forms for common use cases. James
>       Vasile from legal is working with Brian on this.

I suggest looking at the MariaDB trademark guidelines for a good
starting point. I especially like that they have outlined overall goals
that inform the policy (kind of like the GPL preamble) - this is the
check-list by which the trademark policy & forms' success can be measured.

>           o Paul highlighted that KDE & The Document Foundation join
>             OIN.

Just FYI: GNOME was one of the first non-profit free software
foundations to join OIN, back in 2007-08:
http://www.openinventionnetwork.com/licensees.php

There was a press release draft at one stage, but I don't exactly recall
what happened to it. For the record, the GNOME Foundation was the first
community run organisation to join as a licensee.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary